Saturday, July 14, 2012

Black Beans!!!

Black beans are one of our favorite things to eat.  I am going to make a short post explaining how we prepare them.  I begin by soaking one package of dry black beans the night before.  Then in the morning, I take out the crockpot.  I rinse the beans, and then put them in the crockpot with more water (probably about an inch higher than the beans.. you might need to add more water as the day goes).  I coarsely chop up one onion and add that.  Then I peel two large cloves of garlic, and throw those in.  Then I put TONS of garlic powder in with the mix.  I'm trying to stay away from salt, and salt is important for black beans.  If I have liquid Bragg, then I will add about 2 teaspoons of that.  If not, then I shake salt into the beans until they taste okay.  I put the crockpot on high.  It usually takes about 4-6 hours.  To store them, I cool them down, and drain the water and put them in plastic containers in the fridge.  YUMMY!

1 comment: