Monday, July 16, 2012

Exercise......Here we GO!!

Well, I made the plunge.  16 days into the new lifestyle change, and I'm beginning my exercise regimen.  I have been dreading this part, although I don't know why.  I have always loved exercising.  I became a member of the Health and Wellness Center last July and began with water aerobics.  Oh, I LOVED that class.  It was just hard finding the right time to fit with the class.  So, I quit going after the new year came (2012).  I decided that I've been into this health kick long enough, that it HAD to include exercise.  Back in the day, I was a BIG time exerciser and did all sorts of exercising.  Slowly, as the weight packed on, it became harder and harder to do the things I used to do.  So, I quit.  I TOTALLY forgot the endorphin rush that comes with exercising.  All I remembered was the pain.  Plus, I'm a bit older now and the body just feels things a bit harder than it used to.  Amber has been begging me and begging me to get started... to do something...anything.  I would always find an excuse.  It's even hard for me to walk to my mailbox and back (granted... the mailbox is a good 1/10 of a mile out there... but still!).  So, today is the day.  I promised Amber, and myself, that I would somehow exercise.  I had to get Dallin to tutorials in Beaumont at 10:00 and the water aerobic class is over at 9:00 so that wouldn't work.  I decided that since I was in Beaumont already, I would work out on the elliptical machine at the Wellness Center.  Okay, I haven't done those is FOREVER.  Amber said.... 20 minutes or it doesn't count.  So I decided to give it a shot.  Oh my goodness, I thought I was going to die!  The first few minutes I kept thinking... maybe I will only go 5 minutes today. I  began breathing HARD and sweating.  But, I decided to keep on keepin on.  I actually MADE it the whole 20 minutes.  And you know what?  It felt absolutely marvelous.  Endorphin rush and all!  I think I can keep this up.  I am going to try and go on a walk with Steve tonight (if it ever stops raining!) and maybe this time we will walk all the way down WestLake and back.    Oh, and here is picture of my lunch.  I am REALLY enjoying all of the fresh fruits and vegetables!  WOW!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment