Monday, July 16, 2012

Eat to Live!!!

This is the book that I live by!  It has changed my life, and changed my eating habits.  I believe in everything that he says.  It has given me so much energy.  I have had no cravings what so ever.  I am just enjoying all of the glorious food that Heavenly Father made for us... in it's natural state.  To make it simple, here are the "rules" for this eating plan.  Dr. Fuhrman says to give it 6 weeks, and then add in lean meats and 1 tablespoon of olive oil about 3 times a week after the 6 weeks are up.

THE SIX-WEEK PLAN
Unlimited (Eat as much as you want):
  • All raw vegetables (goal: 1 lb. daily)
  • Cooked green and non-green nutrient-rich vegetables (goal: 1 lb. daily; non-green nutrient-rich vegetables are eggplant, mushrooms, peppers, onions, tomatoes, carrots, cauliflower)
  • Beans, legumes, bean sprouts, and tofu (goal: 1 cup daily)
  • Fresh fruits (at least 4 daily)

Limited:
  • Cooked starchy vegetables or whole grains: butternut and acorn squash, corn, white potatoes, rice, sweet potatoes, bread, cereal (not more than one serving, or 1 cup, per day), and
  • Raw nuts and seeds (1 oz. max per day), and
  • Avocado (2 oz. max per day), and
  • Dried fruit (2 tbsp max per day), and
  • Ground flax seeds (1 tbsp max per day)

Off Limits:
  • Processed Sugar
  • Dairy products
  • Animal products
  • Between-meal snacks
  • Fruit juice
  • Oils

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to get this book today!! Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laurie :) We bought our book from amazon.com but I bet it's at Barnes and Nobles for sure!

    ReplyDelete