Sunday, July 15, 2012

Salad Dressing

Today I'm going to talk about my salad dressing.  Every day for the past 15 days, I've been having a salad like this for lunch with a bowl of fruit.  The little bowl on the left contains my salad dressing.  Now on the Fuhrman plan, you can't have any oil, so it's kind of a trick to get your dressing to your liking.  This is what was on my salad dressing today and it was DELICIOUS!!
  • salt (I'm trying to cut this out but for today, Steve had made this for me)
  • fresh ground pepper
  • garlic powder
  • basil
  • oregano
  • thyme powder
  • majoram
  • crushed red pepper flakes
  • white wine vinegar
It helps a lot that the the tomatoes and cucumbers are from my garden!  I also love to put some chopped up green onion on my salad.  The lettuce is the Spring Lettuce Mix from Sam's.  We go through about 2 of these huge cartons a week.  The fruit today was fresh cut pineapple (so cheap from Sam's) and fresh blueberries.  Isn't Summer time lovely??

3 comments:

  1. Wooo hoo mom! Your blog is looking snazzy! Did Natalie help you with it?? I'm so proud of you. And your food is so delicious! Keep posting recipes and stories about your activities! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie has been my life saver! Isn't this amazing what she had done? And thanks for the constant motivation! I LOVE talking to you about my health journey!! I LOVE YOU!

      Delete
  2. Something I love as "salad dressing" is fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice. Also, salsa is another great stand in for salad dressing!! Thanks for all your posts and recipes!! :)

    ReplyDelete